• HAND CRAFTED WOODEN SHAVING BRUSH •
These 'old fashioned' inspired, hand crafted shaving brushes, are each uniquely made by my Grandfather Walt. His hands work magic with wood, and it is all collected in the woods surrounding his and my Grandmothers home in the Black Hills of Rapid City, South Dakota. There is a lot of love poured into these uniquely beautiful pieces of art.
The type of wood, grain and size all vary slightly, as as well as the style of the carved handle. Woods he often uses are Oak, Pine, Black Walnut, Iron Wood & Old Ironwood, Ash, Aspen, Cottonwood, Cherry & Spruce. The brush itself is mixed badger hair, darker in color, and is a bit firmer bristle that creates a great lather. Badger Hair has been used for centuries to make the best shaving brushes. These bristles are hand selected and hand filled. Badger hair absorbs water and is the standard for applying the most comfortable, moist and penetrating lather.
• About Shaving with a Brush & How to use it •
There are many reasons why shaving brushes have been used for over 200 years. The bristles help to reach under the beard and exfoliate the skin below your hair before you shave. Using a brush can help to raise the hairs so they’re easily cut while shaving. Furthermore, applying shaving cream with a brush creates a very slick and evenly distributed lather, which can help with preventing minor cuts.
• Directions •
• Using warm water, wet your face & the brush.
• For Application, there are a few options:
1) Gently dip the brush in the shaving cream and move around in a circular motion, also use circular motions to lather onto skin, adding more as needed. Apply a pea size amount of shaving cream to the brush & use circular motions to lather onto face, adding more product as needed.
2) Apply a pea size amount of shaving cream to the brush & use circular motions to lather onto face, adding more product as needed.
• Rinse skin off and be sure to tend to your brush. Rinse it off with warm water, squeeze excess water out and stand it up to dry off.
• Pat skin dry & follow up with a refreshing aftershave and moisturizing cream or oil.
We collect California State Sales Tax for California residents only.
Our store accepts credit cards (through Etsy Direct Checkout), Paypal, and Etsy Gift Cards.
If you place an order and would like to cancel your order you must contact us within 24 hours of placing your order.
All of our packages are sent with Lavender Buds and/or Rose Petals for an aromatic journey once you receive your package. If you have any allergies with these herbs, please let us know and we will be happy to leave them out.
All ready to ship items will be sent within 5 business days of receiving payment.
We ship via USPS mail. Overseas orders will take longer to arrive, please keep this in mind. (We will not mark any customs forms as "gift", nor can we alter any customs forms, as this is against the law)
Customers are responsible for any customs fees or taxes.
You will be sent an Email Confirmation via Etsy once your package has been shipped. This will contain all of your tracking information.
Moonrise Creek is a small 2-person, family owned, home based company. We generally do not accept returns on our items, though we are willing to work with you. If we have made an error with your order, please contact us within three days of receiving your package, and we can discuss a refund and/or exchange.
Please read through all item descriptions thoroughly, as this will allow you to fully understand the product you will be receiving. Since we do not use preservatives or stabilizers, products can change due to temperature fluctuations with seasons and in transit, please keep this in mind when ordering from our Company.
Do We Offer Wholesale?
• Yes, Please contact us with any wholesale inquires, you can email us at MoonriseCreek@gmail.com
Do We Offer Custom Orders?
• We are always open to hearing what you would like, and working with you. Please send us a message through the shop to discuss Custom Orders.
Do We Offer Collaborations?
• Yes, please email us at MoonriseCreek@gmail.com for collaborations.
Do We Participate in Donations?
• Yes, please email us at MoonriseCreek@gmail.com for Donation Requests. (We are not able to take part in each & every one, but try our best to give as much as we possibly can)
How Often Do We Ship Orders?
• We ship orders within 1-5 Business Days.
Do we offer samples?
• Yes, all of our samples are located in the SAMPLES section of the shop.